Electronics Green Design
Go Green with EPEAT Conference Call
The Northwest Product Stewardship Council, US EPA Region 10 and the Northeast Recycling Council, Inc. sponsored a presentation in August 2006 to introduce the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). This procurement tool can help institutional purchasers in public and private sectors to evaluate and compare desktop computers, notebooks and monitors based on their environmental attributes.
- View full presentation (PPT file, 7.26MB)
Topics covered in the presentation include:
- An Overview of EPEAT: What it is & How to Use it by Scot Case, Program Customer Services Manager, Green Electronics Council
- A Manufacturer’s Perspective by Carl Eckersley, Environmental Manager, Hewlett-Packard Development Company
- State Procurement: A Real Life Example by Dmitriy Nikolayev, Environmentally Preferable Product Procurement Program, Massachusetts Operational Services Division
- Resources Available for Using EPEAT by Patty Dillon, Program Manager, Northeast Recycling Council
An evaluative tool for those seeking to acquire new computers based on environmental attributes.