The Northwest Product Stewardship Council and its members focus their efforts on products and/or sectors based upon the following criteria:
- The cost to local governments for the handling and disposal of the products;
- The quantity of the products entering the waste stream;
- The toxicity of the product throughout the lifecycle of the product;
- The potential for private sector participation in voluntary product stewardship programs and activities;
- The potential for mandatory action or legislative support to encourage the development of product stewardship programs;
- The potential for innovation in design that results in an environmentally-sound and sustainable product.
For more information visit our product-specific pages.